Ceremony of Awarding
DOCTOR HONORIS CAUSA
AVRAHAM DUVDEVANI, ISRAEL
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF POLITICAL STUDIES AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (http://snspa.ro/en/)
Faculty of Political Science
“Theodor Herzi” Center for Israeli Studies
· Venue: NUPSPA Headquarters (SNSPA Bucharest, Romania)
· Tuesday, November 5, 2019
· The event languages: English, Romanian and Latin
Mr. Avraham Duvdevani:
The Chair of the World Zionist Organization (WZO). He chairs The Jewish Agency’s Holocaust Restitution Committee.
“ Zionism is an infinite ideal.” | “ Every one of us, Together. “ Theodor Herzl
Avraham Duvdevani was born in Jerusalem.
He was a paratrooper in the battle for Jerusalem, in 1967.
Currently is the Chairman of the WZO and is the Vice President of Claims Conference.
Prior to this he served as the Co-chairman of Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael (JNF).
He was the Chairman of the Settlement Division in the WZO, and was Chairman of the Department for Leadership Development in the WORLD ZIONIST ORGANIZATION.
Mr. Duvdevani served as Secretary General of World B’nei Akiva.
Also, he is a member of the Board of Governors of the Jewish Agency for Israel, a member of the Jewish Agency Executive, and a member of the Executive of Yad Vashem.
With the support and participation of:
The Government of Romania
The Government of Israel
Israeli Minister of Education
Senior Division for External Relations and UNESCO
Embassy of Israel, Bucharest (https://embassies.gov.il/bucharest/AboutTheEmbassy/Pages/About-the-embassy.aspx)
MAGNA CUM LAUDE-REUT FOUNDATION
LAUDE-REUT EDUCATIONAL COMPLEX
March the Living International Representative in Romania
REUT FOUNDATION formerly known as THE RONALD S. LAUDER FOUNDATION ROMANIA
In partnership with the World Zionist Organization and IDC Herzliya (https://www.idc.ac.il/en/pages/home.aspx)
With special participation of the following guests, to include :
- Ceremony Program
- Welcome Speeches
- Awarding the Title of Doctor Honoris Causa to Professor Avraham Duvdevani
- Lectio Prima
- Questions and Closing Remarks
- Pictures and Protocol (as well as enclosed)
- HE, Prof. univ. dr. Remus Pricopie, rector SNSPA (http://snspa.ro/snspa/conducere/conducerea-snspa/)
- HE, Ms. Liliana Popescu, Vice Rector NUPSPA (http://snspa.ro/liliana-popescu/)
- HE Mr. David Saranga, Ambassador of the State of Israel in Romania (https://embassies.gov.il/bucharest/AboutTheEmbassy/Pages/The-ambassador.aspx)
- Prof. univ. dr. Iordan Gh. Bărbulescu, NUPSPA (http://snspa.ro/presedintele-senatului-iordan-barbulescu/)
- Lect. univ. dr. Victor Negrescu, NUPSPA (http://negrescu.ro/despre-mine/)
- HE, Mr.Alexandru Victor Micula, State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Romania (MAE – http://www.mae.ro/node/47526)
- Ms. Tova Ben Nun-Cherbis, President of Ronald S. Lauder Foundation (http://www.lauder-reut.eu/index.php/ro/aboutus/quality/264-our-mentors-honoris-causa/1530-dan-korn | https://www.lauder-reut.eu/documente/cv/CVTova.pdf)
- Prof. Dan Korn, ex-member of Knesset & Professor Honoris Causa at NUPSPA Bucharest (https://www.en.gsi.uni-muenchen.de/people/academic/korn/index.html | https://www.miuc.org/about-us/professors/dan-korn/)
- Prof.Dr.Sorin Dobircianu, Ph.D, Sr. Expert, DEFENCE UNLIMITED (http://defenceunlimited.com/dr-sorin-dobircianu/)
- Liviu Rotman, profesor, SNSPA, Faculty of Political Sciences (http://www.politice.ro/ro/liviu_rotman)
- Calin Cosar, President, the Chamber of Commerce Romania – Israel (http://www.rotaryatheneum.org/team-details/cosar-calin-mihai/ | https://ccir.ro/membri/membri-asociati/)
- Mr. Dan Andrei Muraru, Presidential Adviser (https://www.presidency.ro/en/presidential-administration/advisers-of-the-president/dan-andrei-muraru)
- Iurie Leanca, Diplomat, ex-Prime Minister of Republic of Moldova (https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iurie_Leanc%C4%83)
- Dubi Bergman, Director FRD World Zionist OrganizationDubi Bergman are un cont
- Professors, Political official representatives from different international exclusive organizations, parties and institutions, business and students communities etc.
The Leadership of the WZO in Romania also included an Official Agenda with the President of Romania:
President Iohannis, World Zionist Organisation leader discuss Romania’s efforts to combat anti-Semitism, xenophobia, intolerance and so on.
” President Klaus Iohannis on Wednesday, November 5, 2019, welcomed Chairman of the World Zionist Organization Avraham Duvdevani at the Cotroceni Presidential Palace, to discuss the bilateral relationships between Romania and Israel, as well as Romania’s efforts in the fight against anti-Semitism, xenophobia and intolerance.”
According to a press statement released by the Presidential Administration, Iohannis pointed out that Israel is a reliable partner of Romania, with 71 years of uninterrupted diplomatic ties between the two countries based on political dialogue and good co-operation. He also said that he will continue to pay special attention to the partnership between Romania and Israel.